All places for this trip have now been taken. If anyone would like to be a reserve please see Mr Bolton.
The Geography Department at Severn Vale School are delighted to offer students a very exciting opportunity to visit the ‘Land of Ice and Fire’ - Iceland. The visit will take place in October 2017 and be open to the current Years 7, 8 and 9. Mr Bolton will be leading the visit.
The four day trip will be organised by Discover the World, who come highly recommended by two local schools who have used their services. They are accredited by the School Travel Forum, an initiative set up to promote best practice and educational travel. The School Travel Forum companies must provide comprehensive safety management standards and operate within the restrictions of a stringent DEFS Code of Practice. If you would like more information about Discover the World please visit their website www.discover-the-world.co.uk.
We intend to include in our itinerary visits to the Reykjanes Peninsula, Perlan, Hveragerdi, Seljalandfoss, Eyjafjallajokull Visitor Centre, Skogar, Solheimajokull Glacier, Dyrholaey, Reynishverfi, Secret Lagoon, Gullfoss, Geysir and Thingvellir.
The approximate price of the trip will be £795. This price is subject to change according to the number of participants and the price of flights at the time of booking. The price is currently based on 20 pupils taking part. If we can get a group of 30 pupils the price will be closer to £750. This includes:
- Return flights from Bristol with WOW air
- A Professional local guide or Teacher tour leader
- Accommodation in the countryside to optimise our itinerary and activities
- Students in multi-bedded rooms with bed linen
- Food – breakfast and evening meal and packed lunches on the excursion days
- All transportation within Iceland including transfers to and from the airport
- Financial Security fully bonded with ABTA and ATOL licence
- Three optional activities - Eyjafjallajokull Visitor Centre, the Glacier walk on Solheimajokull Glacier and entrance to the Secret Lagoon.
It does not include:
- Airline name change fees and excess baggage fees
- Additional Travel Insurance
- Lunch for the day we spend in Reykjavik
If you are interested in your child taking part, but would like more information before you commit I would like to invite you to an Information evening at Severn Vale on Tuesday 14th June at 6pm.
Afterwards, if you do decide you would like your son or daughter to attend, please complete and return the following permission slip and enclose a non-refundable deposit of £100 no later than Friday 24th June. A second payment of £100 will be due by Friday 9th September. Further payments will be scheduled through the year with the final balance completed by July 3rd 2017. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me at Severn Vale.