ICT Technician Grade F (£19,171 - £21,589)
Severn Vale School require a full time ICT Technician to support our growing ICT network and to provide ICT support to all departments of the school. The post is 37 hours per week, all year round.
The successful candidate will work within the ICT Team, with the Senior ICT Technician. Your duties will include:
• Taking and logging request for support from users.
• Determining priority and allocation of time and resources for support calls.
• Liaising with all ICT staff on the current state of the users and workstations.
• User integration into Severn Vale School ICT.
1st & 2nd Line Maintenance
• Upgrade and repair of hardware and software; liaising with in‐house experts and external
companies to resolve issues with Hardware and Software Faults.
• Integration of school MIS with 3rd party systems.
• Printer maintenance and monitoring – basic repair of printers or liaising with external support companies for repairing of printing devices. Knowledge of Papercut system and reports would be beneficial.
• An understanding of networking and cabling would be an advantage.
• Understanding of AV equipment set up for assemblies and meetings as required.
Good communications skills, coupled with a flexible attitude and the ability to work outside of normal working hours is a requirement of this position. Full training and continued professional development will be given to the successful candidate. Experience of Windows 10, Office 365, OSX and audio visual systems are necessary and consideration will be given to other relevant experience.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory employment checks.
Please apply by completing the school application form and returning, together with a covering letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 25 October 2019
Start date: As soon as possible (preferably December 2019).
Interview date: week commencing 4 November 2019