For all students the uniform is:
- A school blazer and school tie.
- Plain white work-style shirt– long or short-sleeved.
- Either tailored black trousers, or the school skirt (only the skirt approved by the school and provided by our uniform supplier). Trousers should be plain black and tailored. No “fashion” extremes will be tolerated (tight, stretchy, low rise, chinos, jeans, drainpipe, Miss Sixty, linen, leggings or cropped).
- Plain black shoes. No canvas shoes, trainers or trainer style shoes. Please note the school’s decision on what constitutes a shoe is final. If in doubt, please check with the school before purchasing any new shoes.
- A v-necked jumper can be purchased from our uniform suppliers. This is optional and can be worn under the blazer, but not instead of a blazer.
- Plain black socks. Tights should be plain black and not patterned.
- During cold/wet weather, students are encouraged to wear an outside, waterproof coat for the journey to and from school and during break time and lunchtime. Please note that denim / leather jackets and hoodies are NOT permitted.
|Examples of acceptable footwear||Examples of unacceptable footwear|
The following expectations apply to all students:
The only jewellery which is acceptable is a wrist watch and one pair of small plain gold or silver stud earrings worn in the earlobes. Any other form of jewellery is not allowed. Severn Vale School does not allow facial piercings of any kind, including transparent piercing retainers. Students will be asked to remove any other piercings if they are visible. Failure to do so will result in the student spending the day in the Referral room.
No extreme hairstyle or dyed hair of an unnatural colour is allowed. The school’s decision on what is extreme is final. This includes tramlines, Mohican or skinhead-type styles. Students arriving in school with an unacceptable hairstyle will be sent to Referral. Male and female students with long hair must tie it back for PE, Technology and Science lessons.
Make-up that is deemed excessive is not allowed at school. This includes: coloured lipstick, mascara, eye shadow, brow liner and false eyelashes. Students arriving in school wearing excessive makeup will be asked to remove it. Failure to do so will result in the student being sent to Referral.
Nail varnish, including false nails are not permitted. Students arriving in school wearing them will be asked to remove them. Failure to do so will result in the student being sent to Referral.
Every student should have a school bag in which books and equipment can be carried. Small, clutch hand bags are not suitable for school use.
All school uniform can be purchased from:
School Uniform Grants may be paid to parents/carers whose children are eligible for free school meals and transferring to Secondary education, i.e. into Year 7, in September 2019.