Required for September 2018
Severn Vale School is an Academy which provides an inclusive secondary education for students aged 11-16, that delivers strong student outcomes through high quality teaching. The school is proud of its inclusive credentials and, in an area that has retained selection, subscribe instinctively to the comprehensive ideal. We are a popular and over-subscribed 11-16 academy currently undergoing an exciting build project to enable an increase in pupil admission numbers from 235 to 265 on entry, which will increase the school size from 1175 to 1325 over five years.
We are seeking to appoint a teacher of girls’ PE to work in a forward thinking and supportive department. The post is a permanent position. PE is a popular choice at GCSE and we currently have 4 GCSE and 3 NCFE classes running at KS4. The successful candidate would be expected to teach girls’ PE at both KS3 and KS4.
There is a strong emphasis on raising achievement in creative, innovative ways and a genuine commitment to collaboration and professional development. This is a school that believes in ‘growing great teachers’. We have a very high staff retention rate and believe that our focus on staff - who are our greatest asset - is one of our strengths. To enable our teachers to thrive we have:
- no centralised teaching and learning policies, but increased time for departments to develop subject specific pedagogy
- no graded lesson observations or other QA activities – everything we do is developmental
- no “Ofsted speak” at all – we do what we do for our students and the school community
- a firm belief in “more feedback, less marking”
- limited data collections (once a year following summative assessments)
- a research and coaching based culture
- a centralised behaviour management system with high levels of support from senior leaders and superb pastoral teams
- time and space for staff to develop in a way which suits them as individuals
We welcome, and encourage, applications from NQTs, who would access a first rate professional development programme.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory recruitment checks.
To apply please complete and return the application form and return, together with a covering letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 16 March 2018
Interview date: Friday 23 March 2018