Required from 23 April 2019
Severn Vale School is an Academy which provides an inclusive secondary education for students that delivers strong student outcomes through high quality teaching. The school is proud of its inclusive credentials and, in an area that has retained selection, subscribe instinctively to the comprehensive ideal. We are a popular and over-subscribed 11-16 academy currently undergoing an exciting build project to enable an increase in pupil admission numbers from 235 to 265 on entry, which will increase the school size from 1175 to 1325 over five years.
From Term 5 (23 April) until the end of the academic year, we require a keen, enthusiastic and ambitious teacher of English. You would be joining a supportive, well-resourced department.
There is a strong emphasis on raising achievement in creative, innovative ways and a genuine commitment to collaboration and professional development. This is a school that believes in ‘growing great teachers’. We have a very high staff retention rate and believe that our focus on staff - who are our greatest asset - is one of our strengths. To enable our teachers to thrive we have:
- no centralised teaching and learning policies, but increased time for departments to develop subject specific pedagogy
- no graded lesson observations or other QA activities – everything we do is developmental
- no “Ofsted speak” at all – we do what we do for our students and the school community
- a firm belief in “more feedback, less marking”
- limited data collections (once a year following summative assessments)
- a research and coaching based culture
- a centralised behaviour management system with high levels of support from senior leaders and superb pastoral teams
- time and space for staff to develop in a way which suits them as individuals
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory recruitment checks.
To apply please complete and return the application form together with a covering letter, to email@example.com. Please specify in your letter that it is the temporary position you are applying for. Your letter of application should outline why you would like to join the English team at Severn Vale School and what you could contribute to the further development of the subject. The letter should be no more than two sides of A4.
Prospective candidates are welcome to come and visit us before making an application. Please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
Closing Date: 7 March 2019
Interview Date: 14 March 2019
Start Date: 23 April 2019