Teacher of Religious Education
TEACHER OF RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
Required for September 2022
Severn Vale School is a popular, over-subscribed 11-16 stand-alone academy with a fabulous, committed body of staff, wonderful students, loyal community support and excellent parental engagement.
We provide an inclusive secondary education for students and deliver strong outcomes through high quality teaching and excellent pastoral care and support. The school is proud of its inclusive credentials and, in an area that has retained selection, subscribe instinctively to the comprehensive ideal.
There is a strong emphasis on raising achievement in innovative ways based firmly in research and a genuine commitment to collaboration and professional development at Severn Vale. This is a school that believes in ‘growing great teachers’. We have a very high staff retention rate and believe that our focus on staff - who are our greatest asset - is one of our strengths. To enable our teachers to thrive we have:
- no centralised teaching and learning policies, but increased time for departments to develop subject specific pedagogy
- no “Ofsted speak” at all – we do what we do for our students and the school community
- a firm belief in “more feedback, less marking”
- limited data collections (once a year following summative assessments)
- a research and coaching based culture
- a centralised behaviour management system with high levels of support from senior leaders and superb pastoral teams
- time and space for staff to develop in a way which suits them as individuals
We require a Teacher of Religious Education to cover a maternity leave. The position will be temporary for one year and full time - although consideration will be given to part-time requests. Applications are welcome from ECTs as well as experienced teachers.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearance and satisfactory recruitment checks.
To apply please complete and return the application form together with a covering letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your letter of application should outline why you would like to join the Humanities team at Severn Vale School and what you could contribute to the further development of the subject. The letter should be no more than two sides of A4.
Prospective candidates are welcome to come and visit us before making an application. Please contact us email@example.com to make an appointment.
Closing Date: Monday 6th June
Interview Date: TBC
Start Date: 1st September 2022